Business Area Manager to revolutionize the packaging industry
We're an intelligent purchasing tool and B2B marketplace that simplifies buying sustainable packaging for European small and medium-sized companies. Our mission is to speed up the world's transition to more sustainable consumption and a circular economy.
We provide unbiased guidance to sustainable packaging, and rigorously screen all products to ensure the highest standards, whilst providing education and data for continuous improvement.
Our vision is a world where we consume only what the planet can generate and an environment free from packaging waste.
Is now the time to apply your skills and ambition on real issues that matter? Join us now on this exciting journey and let’s shape the future together!
Remote possible or at office in Stockholm. Start date as soon as possible.
What you will do:
In your role, you are responsible with everything on the vendor side from acquiring to on-boarding to forming functioning partnerships over time, driving the product agenda from a vendor perspective and setting up, recruiting and leading the vendor organisation:
- Defining value preposition and offering to vendors and make sure it grows over time
- Ensure operational collaboration with vendors work and that they deliver to buyers with quality and time
- Sourcing and acquiring the right type of vendors according to our criteria/needs
- Own the product strategy from a vendor perspective and feed into the tech team
- Competitive analysis and making sure us being always on the forefront with all things supply/vendor related
- Continuously define and optimise operational and logistic processes
- Broadening our assortment and strategically find new vendors
- Set up, recruit and lead vendor organisation
- Be responsible to set and follow-up on your own targets and budget
Please be aware that you will not carry all these functions yourself but you will own the process.
Who we think you are:
- Degree in business, economics or marketing
- Excellent Client Relationship Management Skills
- >5 years‘ experience in B2B sales of complex products and/or services
- Self-driven, enjoy ownership, independent, likes to take initiatives
- Passionate about making a difference and create actual impact
- Fluent verbally and written in English, any other additional European language (French, Spanish, German, Italian) is a big plus
- Business acumen and excellent negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- If you have previously worked in a start-up/scale-up or marketplace environment it is a plus as well as having a network in the packaging industry.
What you get:
- Be part of shaping an impactful start-up from scratch
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to work remote or centrally in Stockholm
We hope to hear more about you and how you can help us achieve our vision of a world where we consume only what the planet can regenerate and an environment free from packaging waste.